Monday, July 28, 2014

Kcw - The Last Days + 1; All-Spice Mural Dress



All my dreams of finishing my dress by day 7 were shattered at about 9pm last night. 
I finally realized it just wasn't going to happen, but I kept embroidering until around 10pm. Then I needed a goods nights rest and to give myself today to finish up. 



Here's some process photo's from the last few days of embroidering. 


PHEW, here's the very last little bit of the rainbow. I was SO HAPPY to be done. My eyes were starting to cross, no joke. 




Lucky for Iphone panoramic because it allowed me to get one big photo of the dresses skirt before sewing the other side seam. 



Lily picked out star shaped buttons I've had in my stash for a long time and I happily sewed them on feeling that my large project was finishing up so nicely. 

Even the buttonholes went easily!

So here it is, Lily's All-Spice Mural Dress:







 She chose gold flats and her balloon crown for the photo-shoot, all around Lily's style. 

"I don't like it. I LOVE it!" - Lily

The All-Spice dress by Paisley Roots is in testing right now, but will be available for purchase soon. Keep your eyes peeled!

Pattern: The All-Spice Dress by Paisley Roots
Fabric: Gifted from family

8 comments:

  1. This is amazing, love! I can't even stand how amazing you are with hand embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only used a backstitch, literally- the easiest stitch for embroidery. It was just a shit-ton of it! But, I will take that compliment :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. so sweet. yes, you are incredible with hand embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Mae!!!! You can tell how happy she is with it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This girl is getting spoiled with All-Spice dresses, no joke!! She just picked out material for the next one. :)

      Delete
  4. Embroidery always takes 5000 times longer than I expect - this looks great though! How special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I almost always overestimate my speed and underestimate the difficulty of a project. It usually sounds something like "Oh this will be SO easy and turn out SO awesome and only take me like... a day or something." .. then a week later my ego is bruised lol!

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!