Sunday, June 22, 2014

First Day of Summer Romper with FREE 3 - 6 months pattern



Happy first day of summer! 






Though it may have felt like summer before, today is the official first day of summer and I wanted to celebrate by offering you a pattern I drafted for my little girl, Skye. She's not quite big enough to fit into it, but I'm attempting to plan ahead (shocking, right?).





A great feature of the pattern is that it can be created in both knit and woven. The knit version will fit with slightly more room and will likely wear longer, but that isn't too surprising. 






The woven version is made from a mustard colored men's shirting cotton. It's very light for hot summer days. It has larger arm openings to reeeeally let your baby breathe. You can choose 1- 3 buttons or snaps for the back enclosure and another three for the crotch to keep diaper changes quick. 





I made the knit version out of an old gap dress that was gifted to me. It's extremely soft, but a little thicker (hence the slight droop in the photos). It would do well with a light under shirt for cooler nights. I like the basic grey as it can be paired really easily. I'm such a sucker for basic mix & match pieces. They make getting out the door a possibility& I loathe being late. 


Want to create your own? 

Download the FREE size 3 - 6 mo. pattern by clicking  HERE . Also download the tutorial by clicking  HERE 


Enjoy!







12 comments:

  1. It's really cute, Mae. How exciting to be offering a pattern on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love being able to give a small gift back to the sewing community. I know I've downloaded and utilized so many free patterns, especially when just beginning to learn. It's just fun to turn around and offer something for others!

      Delete
  2. I love it Mae! My siblings have got to have children sometime...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I am thinking the same thing right now. I'll go ahead and take a break and they can pick up the slack! lol

      Delete
  3. Super cute! Thank you for making the pattern available. I'll have to try to find the time to make one or two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I'm excited at the prospect of others using it to make their own little ones something special. Please come back and share a link to your finished garment in the comments or on my facebook page if you do. I would love to see!

      Delete
  4. I must be so silly I can't work out how to put the pattern together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamara! Sorry to see that you had issues with constructing the pattern pieces, although I see that I didn't respond to your comment within a time that would be helpful (again, so sorry, I took a blogging break for a while) I thought it was important to respond for others who may encounter the issue. The pattern pieces that need to be places together have indications on the (the small arrows). You will line up the piece that have one arrow to it's match and the pattern piece that has two arrows will match to it's piece (also with two arrows).


      Also, if you or anyone else needs help and I'm not timely in my response - PLEASE shoot me an email (email button is on my side bar) and I will get back to you ASAP. I am not as prompt with responding via comments as I am through email. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

      Mae

      Delete
  5. The back bottom seems smaller than the front. I can't get the two to line up in sewing yhevsides together. Can you help??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The back bottom seems smaller than the front. I can't get the two to line up in sewing yhevsides together. Can you help??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I'm a newbie sewer and attempting to make this romper but I have to admit the pattern has really confused me. The back bottom piece is not long enough to sew against the front back piece, (currently only have a patteen piece for one leg) do I need to cut a second back piece pattern and sew these two piece together? This is the same for the front? Also there are two pieces that are unamed where do these go? Sorry if this is really obvious, I really love this romper and would really love to make it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. was getting ready to make but with these questions, I think i will wait and see before i cut material.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!