Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Project Run and Play Challenge 3 Boys Week

I'm off and running with a boys outfit for week three. 

Look at this guy, isn't he a ham?




First I started by creating the shirt.



this was a self drafted pattern created from a flannel button up of his that we had purchased for his nice christmas outfit. The price tag was less than appealing at $26 ... So instead of going back for more I thought I should try my hand at one.


I used the same cotton sheet purchased from salvation army at $1.50 that was used for lily's shirt in  challenge #2

Really, this process was quite slow& calculated. 
When drafting patterns in the past I always went much to quickly only to see that I had made mistakes. leaving me pretty frustrated with the entire process. 

Going slow really helped this one turn out perfectly. 




The pants were made using my lily bird studio pattern. I did a pattern review on them & really like how they come together. You can see the review here

I made them simple & in the khaki color that compliments his dainty striped man shirt. 




and...just because it adds to the cuteness, I made him a bear hat using velvet purchased at Joann for 4.50 a yard. A super huge savings that resulted in this hat being something like 2.50 to make. 

I got this pattern from a self purchased christmas present, the oliver + s book titled "little things to sew." 

I really like this book and plan to make the bento lunch box next! Also a steal because joann has them, when paired with a 50% off coupon it was 13.75. <3 

I take great pride in making quality clothing for very little. 




I hope you have enjoyed my entry! 

16 comments:

  1. I love it! I just bought the boys summer shirt pattern from lily bird studio and have the shirt all cut out ready to sew up. Love button up shirts on boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mightly impressed that you drafted your own pattern for a button down shirt! Well done. He is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohemgee!! cuuuuute! i don't think i could ever even SEW a button down shirt much less draft my own pattern. what the heck, miss talented!! :)

    thank you so much for the nomination last week! that seriously tickled me pink! i'm going to try to complete this something this week (i'm in the middle of packing for a big move across country). thanks again - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shirt, and that hat!!!!!!! I really need to make hats for all three of my kids, maybe next winter ;op

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooohhhhh your little boy is So cute! I love your outfit, you did such a great job on drafting the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the shirt, I have yet to try and draft a button down! Frankly the collar scares me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!! I need to conquer button-down shirts someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the buttons stand out. It looks very well crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling!!! You did a great job! I have LilyBirds Ben and Mia pants- fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an amazing job - that shirt looks fantastic. Great stripe matching too! Your little guy is adorable and that hat is soooo cute. I've got to get round to making one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw! love the stripe of the shirt and the hat is too cute.
    great work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like week after week I find myself on your blog, loving your projects! I think the whole outfit looks awesome, and your little guy is adorable!
    thanks for sharing
    with love
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great color combination! The entire 'look' came together quite nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Again, thanks for the great comments! I'm certainly learning a lot during this round :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. he is such a cutie!

    how talented are you? i love that hat!

    my dream is to sew... I wish I was your neighbor so I could learn ;) and hang out with you and your cuties.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!