I'm off and running with a boys outfit for week three.
Look at this guy, isn't he a ham?
First I started by creating the shirt.
this was a self drafted pattern created from a flannel button up of his that we had purchased for his nice christmas outfit. The price tag was less than appealing at $26 ... So instead of going back for more I thought I should try my hand at one.
I used the same cotton sheet purchased from salvation army at $1.50 that was used for lily's shirt in challenge #2.
Really, this process was quite slow& calculated.
When drafting patterns in the past I always went much to quickly only to see that I had made mistakes. leaving me pretty frustrated with the entire process.
Going slow really helped this one turn out perfectly.
The pants were made using my lily bird studio pattern. I did a pattern review on them & really like how they come together. You can see the review here.
I made them simple & in the khaki color that compliments his dainty striped man shirt.
and...just because it adds to the cuteness, I made him a bear hat using velvet purchased at Joann for 4.50 a yard. A super huge savings that resulted in this hat being something like 2.50 to make.
I got this pattern from a self purchased christmas present, the oliver + s book titled "little things to sew."
I really like this book and plan to make the bento lunch box next! Also a steal because joann has them, when paired with a 50% off coupon it was 13.75. <3
I hope you have enjoyed my entry!