Thursday, January 17, 2013

PR&P Challenge (number)2

I hope everyone is enjoying the sew along. 

I certainly had a difficult time piecing together this outfit. 
But look, I did it. & again, it was on time! 





My original outfit had only stripes, oops. Not the challenge requirements. 



So, I decided not to use the vest I created ... instead found this pattern for the hello autumn dress by too sweets patterns. 



I used the pattern to create this striped cotton top that is very nice for the cold midwest winter. 



She loves leggings rather than jeans& I created these sheer knit-striped leggings in a gorgeous coral. They were a complete pain to sew with and very dainty (possible that they will tear when they snag concrete etc) ... but she loves them & even wore them another day with a regular pair of legging under them for extra warmth. 


I also created this bow belt in the same polka dotted powder blue fabric that I used to create the drawstring on the neckline. 


I used snap tape on the back of  the belt. 
I also added this pretty white crocheted edging to the keyhole neck and sleeve edges. 
It felt like the top was a bit too plain. I would have liked to add a bit of embroidery work to it but I was afraid of two things ... 1. I wouldn't get it done by friday & 2. it would just become too much. 


Now I'm ready to move onto the NEXT challenge. 



5 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit. I love the whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! Love this pattern.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and I love the edging on the sleeves!
    liZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I'm FINALLY to the point where I feel some confidence in my sewing skills& my pieces are fitting better each round. Whew, I know this sew along is keeping me motivated!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!