Thursday, April 10, 2014

KCW & Calling All Kids Day 4: Summer Breeze Dress in Geometric& Yellow

Whew- busy busy day! I'm going to make this a super brief post. I just cannot justify keeping these kids inside a moment longer than absolutely necessary to share my creation. 
It's gorgeous outside, hooray for spring!




I woke up a bit early this morning& very carefully snuck downstairs to get myself a cup of coffee, then went straight into my sewing room to finish the dress I started sewing last night. 

It's a lovely free pattern by Shwin & Shwin called the Summer Breeze Dress. It comes in size 3-6 months which works great for my May baby. 



The name obviously is a nod to how quickly it comes together. I've been able to squeeze in a little time at nap, and then once the kids are in bed I jump back on my machine for 30-45 minutes before settling down and relaxing for the night. I'm not much of a night time sewer. I'd much rather be in full daylight buzzing away on a project. 



That 60-90 minutes of sewing time has been the perfect amount needed to create tiny baby items. It seems that each day I've been able to finish one item and cut the following one, ensuring that I have an adorable outfit to show you each and every day. It may also be my nesting kicking in, who knows. 

I've been working my way through the great resources of newborn & baby outfits offered free online. I simply didn't have very many small patterns& wanted to be a bit frugal. Turns out, there are a TON of awesome patterns online. The outfit I will finish tomorrow is Made By Rae's free newborn geranium pattern & it's another CUTE one! 

Can't wait to come back and share it with you, see you then!

Fabric:  bodice-"Diamond Eye" Geometric Print from Joann Fabric, skirt- Thrifted Sheer Yellow 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will share pics of the baby in all of these amazing dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You KNOW it! This is the first *baby* I've sewn for and I'm so excited. Both my children were a bit bigger before I started creating things for them, now I'm confident enough in my skills to make the tiny little items I once feared!

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!