Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Skirt

As I mentioned after Halloween, my daughter becomes significantly attached to clothing items for whatever reason. It may just be a phase or her way of putting her foot down and being able to control something?  I haven't quite figured that out.

There was one particular skirt she seemed to like more than the others. (she sure does love them all though)... and it had become pretty stained. I told her she wouldn't be able to wear it anymore, which included a lot of tears. It was a complete breakdown. 

What could I do though? 
I had to do something. 


6a00d83495455153ef0133eda32469970b320wi.jpg
1. tear the original skirt apart


2. Break for breakfast


3. cut patterns using the original skirt


4. cut out fabric 
**Note this isn't the only piece, duh. There were 3, the lining/the waistband, and the overlay
Also, don't forget to add the elastic to the waistband!


5. Sew it together


6. Construct a cute headband using the leftover material!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your SUPER sweet comment on my blog! I am so glad you love my work! I hope you will continue to follow me!!! I have LOTS of new projects coming up to share with my readers! Again, thank you so much and I hope my blog and projects inspires you to create yourself!

    XoXo,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!