Monday, August 25, 2014

Sew Geeky Marvel Vs. DC: Batman Toddler Backpack



WOOHOO! I've never made my kids a backpack and it was time to check that item off my bucket-list. Though, I feel like there could be more in the future since it was really fun to sew. 

I grabbed the Toddler Backpack pattern by Made By Rae when it was featured on the Friday Fiver for $5, yessssss. 






During the last Sew Geeky sewalong I created a Mrs. Pacman dress for Lily. This time Archer was up, and with the theme being Marvel vs. Dc there was no way I could lose. He loves superheroes and plans his day around which one(s) he's pretending to be. 

I wanted to play with the whole cape theme since his favorite superhero shirt is a Batman one that has a cape. I mean, this is his first year out of the nursery& he needs to start it off right! I took the cape off his shirt and used it as a template. Then I simply sandwiched it between the zipper and panel when adding the zipper after making sure it was centered. I also screen-printed the Batman logo onto the cape. 


Now for the cute stuff...
I assume this is what is going on in Archer's imagination. :)










Notes on the pattern: If you aren't using nice & stiff fabric, use lots of interfacing so the backpack maintains it's shape. 

Shirt: Thrifted
Shorts: Handmade using The Small Fry Skinny Jeans, Material: Joann's 
Shoes: Freshly Picked Moccs 
Backpack: Handmade using The Toddler Backpack pattern by Made By Race, Material: Batman Fabric - Joanns Blue Twill - Gifted Piping/Zipper/Hardware - Joanns


Alright,  you made it to the end! 
Freshly Picked has generously offered to give away a pair of their awesome Moccs to one of my readers. 

US residents only& end friday at noon cst- winner picked that day& announced to start off the weekend right!; 
To Enter: Go to the Freshly Picked website and comment with your favorite color of moccs. For a second entry you can follow me on Bloglovin and leave a comment saying so (if you already do, hooray! tell me!). 


UPDATE***
Giveaway is closed and with a super random drawing of giving me daughter the numbers to pick from- #1 Katie was the winner!
She has been contacted, congrats Katie & thanks everyone for participating!

15 comments:

  1. Dude. Zippers are finicky enough, I can't believe you added a cape into yours. Both of my kids would love to have this backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh the cape adds the perfect touch!!!! I can't get enough of this backpack! Also- freshly picked moccs are the cutest and I am obsessed with the Ant pair!

    robutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. backpack with a CAPE... genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't win cause I've already won a pair (and ADORE them!) But LOVE LOVE LOVE. That backpack is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That backpack is pretty much the coolest! I adore those mocs and would pick the heirloom ones with the little gold dots. Too cute! You are so smart putting the cape on the backpack. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like birch :) I commented earlier and it didn't get published, weird! I also picked up Rae's backpack pattern during friday diver and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! What a neat feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This backpack seriously BLOWS MY MIND! thanks for joining in :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cape is pretty awesome! What little boy wouldn't love this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, best photo ever with him on the trike! Great job on the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to Sprout pair! Or Chocolate! :) Cute backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOHOO! I've never made my kids a backpack and it was time to check that item off my bucket-list. Though, I feel like there could be more in ... marvelbackpack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post. thanks for sharing this knowledge beproductreviews

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!