Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Little Photographers Camera Pattern Test


Hey guys! I'm back with a really fun pattern I tested for Stephanie at Swoodsonsays who now lives IN MY CITY. As a midwest blogger, that's a pretty big deal. Sewing bloggers are few and pretty far between in these parts- so I welcome the company! 

Ok, to the pattern. Isn't it cute? I saw her post a teaser on her IG account  and asked if I could be added to the tester group. I'm kind of an Instagram junkie, so if you don't follow me GO DO THAT



Having a quick and fun project to break up my larger sewing items is a huge stress relief for me. I'm right in the middle of sewing my SS15 looks and I absolutely love them- but I needed a bit of a break. This was just the item! 


I used a polkadot denim for the main body (upcycled from a thrift store skirt), grey for the lens accents (leftover twill from some slacks I made), lighter denim for the buttons/dials and the gold to really pop that front lens.  It's not a huge item, so digging around and finding little scraps to use up was pretty fun. 


My favorite part is the small photo window that allows you to really personalize the toy. I laughed when I emailed Stephanie later because my kids were having a really hard time deciding who was going to play with the new camera. I'd say, if it can excite a 6 yo, 3 yo, and 9 mo - then it's all around a hit. I can even switch out the photo so each kid gets a little screen time. 



You can purchase the PDF pattern in Stephanie's shop HERE, or if you follow her blog link (above) she gives you the option of purchasing on Etsy or Craftsy too! If you don't sew (or want instant gratification) you can always drop me a line at my Etsy shop and have me make a custom one for you. 



2 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love the little camera window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I had a fun time picking out the photo to put in it!

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!