First I'll discuss the changes I've made to the original pattern:
1. Took the top of the bodice off& redrafted a scoop neck bodice with button closures
2. I cut the front with extra fabric to gather & create the more billowy front
3. Lined the inside to make it possible for the sheer outer layer
I just adore the tie-dyed sheer fabric. Honestly, I had JUST purchased it but cannot remember what it was.
The bodice is created from a loose woven linen. I lined it with the same cotton and the skirt lining so there was a soft fabric touching her skin.
I wanted a simple & practical back so the dress would fit nicely& created this v-back. It does the job well and stays on her shoulders nicely.
The big chunky wooden buttons follow the natural look I wanted it to have. I love having jars of buttons handed down from grandmothers& family members to sift through. These worked so nicely with the linen.
I had a blast putting this together!
Hope you all have a great day!