Thursday, April 23, 2015

KCW: Romper in Peach and Triangles



I really wish I had the time to sit and pre-purchase awesome fabric that matches the KCW theme because they're always insanely fun and well thought out.
This theme is Wild Thing and this make has absolutely nothing to do with it. I digress...




 I love rompers for baby - especially MY baby. 


I used Amy Butler fabric that I bought from a local sewing shop that's incredibly adorable- Stitch DSM. I hoarded it for almost a year. The photographs show it slightly darker than what the true peach color is.  It's very soft and will look wonderful on Skye's pale skin tone. 


I made sure to use snaps on the crotch because who wants to undress a squirmy baby for every. single. diaper?! Uh, crazy people that's who. I think I'll stick with snaps. They give me a little anxiety (ok, more than a little) because sometimes they're a complete mess and eat the fabric but when they work well, oh my. They finish the job nice. 


The ties can go through the loops or tie around the neck halter style. 




Welp, that basically sums up this KCW project. I'm honestly not sure when the week finishes up "technically" but I'll likely get in at least one more item before calling it good. Lily is due for her yearly piano recital dress, so that's going to be on my list. 

Later!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Did you use a pattern for the romper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I drafted this myself for my SS15 line, thanks for reading :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!