Saturday, August 31, 2013

Nautical Themed Baby Shower Gift



Good Morning! 

I have been putting together a care package for a close friend of mine who is due with her baby boy in October. 



She's got a gorgeous little girl who's nursery/room was Nautical themed. She'd like to keep what she has for this baby but needed a few items to compliment the room, especially more crib sheets. 




I went out to the fabric store and found this awesome sea& boat print that I really liked, but the bolt was too short for the required 45" that it needed for the width of the mattress. 

So I pulled out some elementary math skills and added contrasting panels to all four sides that would tuck underneath the mattress as the "pockets."  The fabric I purchased had a bit of stretch so I utilized it & made sure the direction of the stretch matched how the panels would be pulled over the mattress. 





With the remaining fabric I made a three pocket zipper pouch that she can use to carry baby items like extra cloth diapers and shells, diaper rash cream, etc. 
I made it a 10x10 square and sewed a pocket to either side of the lining. 





I even added one of my new little "Mae&Co." labels. 

I love them! 

If you are in need of a lovely handmade babyshower item look no further. 
You don't have to worry about the gender & they are USEFUL (a big plus!). 



Baby Shower Patterns & Tutorials
Here I've put together a range of FREE items that would make great baby shower gifts. 


For the crib sheets I used this tutorial by Dana at MADE

Diaper Cover pattern& tutorial also by Dana at Made.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!